You are currently using an outdated browser. For the best viewing experience, please upgrade your browser here
ikili opsiyon kumar mı rating
4-5 stars based on
SSAA Victoria News
More products, more demos and more fun at the Expo
The 2017 SSAA SHOT Expo Melbourne is drawing closer and it's shaping up to be bigger and better than any previous year.
Major sponsors, including ATN, Beretta Australia, Blaser, Joker Knife Store, Swarovski Optik and Winchester Australia, have jumped on board to support Australia’s largest shooting, hunting and outdoor trades expo.
The focus of this year’s event for SSAA Victoria was creating a family-friendly Expo. To keep the children entertained, we have two jumping castles, a petting zoo, face painting, archery and more planned. We’ve also got the ever-popular Working Gundogs Association of Australia lined up for demonstrations.
We’ve expanded our indoor shooting range this year to ensure everyone aged 12 and up can have a go. We have three air rifle bays and three air pistol bays on our indoor range. Our NSW counterparts have also brought along their portable shooting range, which is set up alongside VAPA’s portable pistol range just outside the main exhibitor hall.
We are again offering R-licence testing throughout the weekend. The R-licence hall is just outside the main entrance, so feel free to head over there before 4pm on each day of the Expo to complete the test. Once you’re finished, you can head back into the main hall and continue visiting the exhibits.
Inside the exhibitor hall visitors will have the opportunity to see, test and buy brand new products, launched at the Expo. They will also have the chance to test out the latest technologies. The ATN night vision tunnel will allow people to try thermal gear. Walking through the pitch black tunnel, heated animal replicas, which the naked eye would not see, will be visible to the user.
Dozens of volunteers have already committed to working on the indoor shooting range and the R-licence hall this year. We’re looking for many more volunteers and are offering huge prizes to those people willing to donate their time for the cause.
At the SSAA stand in the centre of the exhibitions hall, we have great merchandise on sale, as well as new member prizes and magazines. We want you to have fun at our stand this year and we want you to stick around. So, we’re introducing two Buckhunter arcade games. The arcade games will be available for any visitors to have a go throughout the weekend and we’ll have a volunteer there to challenge your skills. We’ll be there giving out ad-hoc prizes throughout the weekend, so bring your A-game.
Keep reading our SSAA SHOT Expo updates in the coming weeks for more information on product launches, exhibitor deals and demonstrations.
Don’t forget to buy your tickets online
Huge sweeteners for Expo volunteers
SSAA Victoria is looking for volunteers to assist with various important roles at the SSAA SHOT Expo Melbourne on Saturday, May 20 and Sunday, May 21.
All volunteers are provided with a t-shirt to wear at the event, entry to the Expo for the full-day they volunteer, a free lunch and exhibitor parking.
The volunteers also go in the draw to win one of the volunteer giveaways
, which have a combined value of $1340. The minor prizes include a sponsor prize pack valued at $500 and a SSAA Springvale Pistol Shoot, which can be used by the winner or given away as a present.
The major volunteer prize is a three-night stay at Cow Grass Lodge in Jamieson – a private getaway in the High Country. A short walk from the back fence of this hunter-friendly accommodation and visitors will be in prime Sambar country.
The owner is offering a supported stay, with an invitation to meet in Melbourne prior to the stay to discuss hunting opportunities and the accommodation. He has also offered to run a clay target shoot on one of the days the winners stay at the lodge. It comes with just two conditions – it must be booked from Friday to Monday, excluding public holidays, and it must be booked well in advance.
All you need to do enter is attend the SSAA SHOT Expo as a volunteer and work the full shift allocated to you – an average of four hours.
Volunteer shifts are either in the morning (9am to 1pm) or the afternoon (1pm to 5pm). It is with the exception of the Indoor Range Administration position, which is from 12 noon to 4pm each day. Everyone who is selected will be required to be at their organised meeting place half an hour before their shift for induction, training and lunch (for afternoon shifts).
We are looking for 21 volunteers each day, to fulfil the following roles:
- FLOATING VOLUNTEERS: Four floating volunteer positions are available. These volunteers must be confident meeting new people, be very flexible and have good initiative. The role of these volunteers will be to go to any areas where additional support is required. It could mean helping with the R-licence hall for a short time, covering for someone at the range administration desk or helping at the SSAA stand. When these volunteers are not required to be anywhere else, they will need to walk through the area and help anyone looking lost, encourage people to visit the SSAA stand or promote the ranges.
- BUCKHUNTER HELPER: One position is available at the SSAA Victoria stand for a person who can manage the Buckhunter arcade game. This person will be required to encourage people to play on the machine and ensure everyone has the opportunity to have a go. This person may be required to play the game with visitors.
- SSAA MEMBER PROMOTIONS: One position is available at the SSAA Victoria stand. The position requires a volunteer who has extensive knowledge of SSAA Victoria’s membership benefits and its sub-clubs, and thoroughly enjoys interacting with strangers. It requires no money handling, but a positive and friendly nature.
- R-LICENCE ADMINSTRATION: One position is available at the R-licence hall for a volunteer to register people for the test. The person will process payments and check membership cards throughout their shift. This requires money-handling experience and a reference from a past or current employer, or a club reference.
- R-LICENCE HELPER: One position is available at the R-licence hall for a volunteer to support the LEAP trainers and people undergoing testing. This role involves cleaning up papers and mess, straightening chairs and tables, showing people to their seats and helping people understand the testing process. It requires no understanding of the actual R-licence content as the accredited trainers are there.
- INDOOR RANGE ADMINISTRATION: One position is available from 12 noon to 4pm for a volunteer to assist at the SSAA indoor shooting range. The person will be required to sit at the sign-in desk and ensure everyone who wants to use the range registers. They will also be required to ensure any children using the range are aged 12 or above and they have written parental permission. All paperwork will be provided.
- OUTDOOR RANGE ADMINISTRATION: Two positions are available to volunteers who can assist the outdoor SSAA NSW and VAPA shooting ranges. The people selected for this task will be required to sit at the sign-in desk and ensure everyone who wants to use the ranges registers. They will also be required to ensure any children using the range are aged 12 or above and they have written parental permission. All paperwork will be provided.
Contact SSAA Victoria via email email@example.com
applying to become a volunteer at the SSAA SHOT Expo. In your application, select which volunteer position you wish to fulfil. Also explain why you would be an ideal fit for the position.
In case of high demand, please also elect two back-up volunteer roles
you would be happy to fill.
INCLUDE IN YOUR APPLICATION
- Your SSAA member number.
- Your contact details – email and phone number.
- Day: Saturday, Sunday or both
- Shift: Morning, afternoon or midday (indoor range only)
- Your standard t-shirt size – this is to speed up the uniform ordering process.
- Proof of your Working with Children Check or a commitment to get one before Friday, May 12.
SSAA SHOT Expo giveaway
We’re giving away five double passes to the SSAA SHOT Expo on May 20 and 21 at the Melbourne Showgrounds.
To enter the draw, simply write to SSAA Victoria and tell us in 150 words or less what you are most excited about seeing at the SSAA SHOT Expo.
The five SSAA Victoria members whose responses are deemed the most creative will win. Remember to stick to 150 words or less!
Entries will close at 5pm tomorrow (Thursday, April 13) and the winners will be selected by the SSAA Victoria State Office team and notified by email within 24 hours.
Enter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the terms and conditions here
R-licence testing at the Expo
SSAA Victoria will be administering NSW R-licence tests at next month’s SSAA SHOT Expo, with the help of a team of dedicated and accredited volunteers.
The R-licence, or Restricted Licence, allows people to hunt game and feral animals on NSW public land that has been declared for hunting and opened, or on private land with the permission of the landholder.
The Expo testing is a great opportunity for visitors to tick something off their to-do lists and get one-step closer to hunting on public land in NSW.
Situated just outside the main entrance of the SSAA SHOT Expo in a private hall, the R-licence testing location will allow visitors to complete the test away from the hustle and bustle of the main exhibitions hall.
Head over to the R-licence hall between 9am and 4pm each day to complete the test.
The price of the test is:
- SSAA Victoria member price: $20
- Non-member price: $30
Please remember to bring proof of your SSAA Victoria membership in order to qualify for the member price. All other paperwork and pens will be provided.
It is an open-book test and applicants must get 100 per cent of the answers correct to pass.
The R-licence team has the capacity to test up to 24 people at a time. Anyone who arrives when the testing room is full will be asked to return at a later time. No bookings will be taken.