SSAA Victoria is looking for volunteers to assist with various important roles at the SSAA SHOT Expo Melbourne on Saturday, May 20 and Sunday, May 21.
All volunteers are provided with a t-shirt to wear at the event, entry to the Expo for the full-day they volunteer, a free lunch and exhibitor parking.
The volunteers also go in the draw to win one of the volunteer giveaways, which have a combined value of $1340. The minor prizes include a sponsor prize pack valued at $500 and a SSAA Springvale Pistol Shoot, which can be used by the winner or given away as a present.
The major volunteer prize is a three-night stay at Cow Grass Lodge in Jamieson – a private getaway in the High Country. A short walk from the back fence of this hunter-friendly accommodation and visitors will be in prime Sambar country.
The owner is offering a supported stay, with an invitation to meet in Melbourne prior to the stay to discuss hunting opportunities and the accommodation. He has also offered to run a clay target shoot on one of the days the winners stay at the lodge. It comes with just two conditions – it must be booked from Friday to Monday, excluding public holidays, and it must be booked well in advance.
All you need to do enter is attend the SSAA SHOT Expo as a volunteer and work the full shift allocated to you – an average of four hours.
Volunteer shifts are either in the morning (9am to 1pm) or the afternoon (1pm to 5pm). It is with the exception of the Indoor Range Administration position, which is from 12 noon to 4pm each day. Everyone who is selected will be required to be at their organised meeting place half an hour before their shift for induction, training and lunch (for afternoon shifts).
We are looking for 21 volunteers each day, to fulfil the following roles:
- FLOATING VOLUNTEERS: Four floating volunteer positions are available. These volunteers must be confident meeting new people, be very flexible and have good initiative. The role of these volunteers will be to go to any areas where additional support is required. It could mean helping with the R-licence hall for a short time, covering for someone at the range administration desk or helping at the SSAA stand. When these volunteers are not required to be anywhere else, they will need to walk through the area and help anyone looking lost, encourage people to visit the SSAA stand or promote the ranges.
- BUCKHUNTER HELPER: One position is available at the SSAA Victoria stand for a person who can manage the Buckhunter arcade game. This person will be required to encourage people to play on the machine and ensure everyone has the opportunity to have a go. This person may be required to play the game with visitors.
- SSAA MEMBER PROMOTIONS: One position is available at the SSAA Victoria stand. The position requires a volunteer who has extensive knowledge of SSAA Victoria’s membership benefits and its sub-clubs, and thoroughly enjoys interacting with strangers. It requires no money handling, but a positive and friendly nature.
- R-LICENCE ADMINSTRATION: One position is available at the R-licence hall for a volunteer to register people for the test. The person will process payments and check membership cards throughout their shift. This requires money-handling experience and a reference from a past or current employer, or a club reference.
- R-LICENCE HELPER: One position is available at the R-licence hall for a volunteer to support the LEAP trainers and people undergoing testing. This role involves cleaning up papers and mess, straightening chairs and tables, showing people to their seats and helping people understand the testing process. It requires no understanding of the actual R-licence content as the accredited trainers are there.
- INDOOR RANGE ADMINISTRATION: One position is available from 12 noon to 4pm for a volunteer to assist at the SSAA indoor shooting range. The person will be required to sit at the sign-in desk and ensure everyone who wants to use the range registers. They will also be required to ensure any children using the range are aged 12 or above and they have written parental permission. All paperwork will be provided.
- OUTDOOR RANGE ADMINISTRATION: Two positions are available to volunteers who can assist the outdoor SSAA NSW and VAPA shooting ranges. The people selected for this task will be required to sit at the sign-in desk and ensure everyone who wants to use the ranges registers. They will also be required to ensure any children using the range are aged 12 or above and they have written parental permission. All paperwork will be provided.
Contact SSAA Victoria via email email@example.com applying to become a volunteer at the SSAA SHOT Expo. In your application, select which volunteer position you wish to fulfil. Also explain why you would be an ideal fit for the position.
In case of high demand, please also elect two back-up volunteer roles you would be happy to fill.
INCLUDE IN YOUR APPLICATION
- Your SSAA member number.
- Your contact details – email and phone number.
- Day: Saturday, Sunday or both
- Shift: Morning, afternoon or midday (indoor range only)
- Your standard t-shirt size – this is to speed up the uniform ordering process.
- Proof of your Working with Children Check or a commitment to get one before Friday, May 12.