SSAA Victoria has some good news regarding Eagle Park and regional ranges and clubs. Please read the following very carefully.
Eagle Park Range to Reopen 26th September.
The Victorian government has released the updated directions for regional Victoria. Unfortunately the news for our regional ranges was not as positive as hoped.
All regional ranges can open. However, the group size including RO’s or other support personnel is limited to a total of 10 per facility unless the groups can be separated by at least 100 metres.
ALL QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE EAGLE PARK PHONE NUMBER.
The main range at Eagle Park will be open for members only and will operate under the following conditions:
· Range attendance must be booked prior to arriving at the range.
· A maximum of 18 shooters will be permitted on the main range and extended to 27 if MR2 is not being used by a sub-club.
· Shooting will be limited to 2 hours.
· Session time will commence at:
o 9:00am – arrival no earlier than 8:30am
o 12:00pm – arrival 11:30am
o 3:00pm – arrival 2:30pm
· All bookings will be via phone to the Eagle Park office T: (03) 5283 1575
· Bookings will only be taken on Friday and Monday starting from Friday 25 September.
· Bookings can only be made for a maximum of 2 consecutive weekends.
· Payment of range fees will be required over the phone by credit/debit card. No payment, no booking. The will be no refunds or transfer of booking dates allowed.
· Maximum of 1 bench per booking.
· No spectators allowed.
For sub-clubs at Eagle Park, the range will be reopening as of 26 September. With the current 100m restriction only a limited number of ranges will be available.
As such, the following ranges will be open for sub-club use:
· Ranges 1, 2 and 3 - with a maximum of 10 people in total across all 3 ranges.
· Range 8 – 10 people maximum.
· Range 11 and 12 - with a maximum of 10 people in total across the 2 ranges.
· Range 18 – 10 people maximum.
· BGRC – 10 people maximum.
· LRSC – 3 groups of 10 people in total across the grounds (only when BGRC is not being used).
· MR2 – 10 people maximum.
Alternative ranges may be used if the 100m rule can be adhered to. We ask that clubs contact Drew at Eagle Park if they are planning to attend the range on their normal allocated weekend.
If you live in Melbourne or a stage 4 area, you can not travel to Eagle Park to shoot.
Regional Ranges (Other Than Eagle Park)
All regional ranges can open, however the group size including RO’s or other support personnel is limited to a total of 10 per facility unless the groups can be separated by at least 100 metres. Please see the extract from the Victorian Government directions.
We are currently seeking further clarification for ranges that are physically separated by walls or berms to ascertain if the 100m ruling will still apply. We will advise further if this is the case.
Members attending all ranges must meet the following conditions:
• Must be from regional Victoria as per the Victorian Government boundaries.
• Must provide proof of residence when signing in.
• Must maintain social distancing at all times.
• Must wear a face mask at all times.
• Records of all members’ attendance must be recorded
• Cleaning protocols must be maintained.
Clubhouses may be used for catering and meetings with a maximum of 10 people maintaining a density ratio of 4 square metres per person in the space.
SSAA Victoria is endeavouring to make the best of the current situation. If there are any changes to the current directions, branches and sub-clubs will be notified.
It will be each branch’s decision as to whether the operation of their range can be managed to maintain these restrictions.