PRACTICAL FIREARM TRAINING COURSE FOR Airport OFFICERS (PFTCAO)
This course is highly recommended as it is designed to give participants a working knowledge of handling firearms safely, familiarity with best practices and the humane dispatch of animals during the course of work.
This is a full day course that covers both in class theory and range practice under the supervision of experienced trainers and Range Officers.
Topics covered include:
- Risk control and basic firearms safety practices.
- Safe storage, transportation and handling.
- Types of firearms, major parts and actions.
- Ammunition anatomy/ Cartridges construction.
- Firing techniques and procedures.
- Firearm maintenance.
- Sighting-in procedures.
- Humane dispatch of animals following relevant legislations.
- Range shot practice.
Marksmanship in this course can be tailored to specific needs based on the firearms used and common animals dealt with.
Please contact SSAA Victoria for additional information.