- October 12 (Eagle Park) SOLD OUT
- October 13 (Springvale) SOLD OUT
- November 3 (Springvale) SOLD OUT
- November 9 (Springvale) SOLD OUT
- November 10 (Eagle Park) SOLD OUT
- November 30 (Eagle Park) SOLD OUT
- December 7 (Eagle Park) SPOTS AVAILABLE
- December 14 (Eagle Park) SOLD OUT
SSAA Victoria has developed a Practical Firearms Training Program: Introductory Course to help develop shooting skills for people at all levels, with or without a firearms licence. It has also been recognised as a firearms safety course by Victoria Police meaning completion of the course satisfies a requirement of obtaining a firearms licence.
Held at either SSAA Victoria’s Springvale or Eagle Park ranges, the Introductory Course is designed to instil best practice and essential knowledge for new or intermediate firearms users.
Because the course is held at our ranges under the supervision of training staff and range officers, participants do not require a licence. It means our Practical Firearms Training Program is ideal for new shooters to become accustomed to firearms use before they take the step of getting a licence and purchasing they’re first firearm.
The program is also designed to give shooters a better understanding of their firearm and covers fundamental skills such as sighting in a rifle (which is essential before hunting), shooting techniques, firearm care and marksmanship.
Topics covered in the Introductory Course include:
- Firearm types, major parts and actions
- Basic firearms safety and risk management
- Safe storage, transportation and handling
- Ammunition anatomy and cartridge construction
- Shooting procedures and techniques
- Firearm maintenance
Juniors (aged between 12 and 18) are also welcome to attend as long as they are accompanied by an adult so it’s a great opportunity for parents to help their kids get involved with the shooting sports.
SSAA members receive a discount on the course fee as another membership benefit, and range fees, ammunition and targets are covered in the cost.
The full-day course is run on weekends commencing at 9am and finishing around 4.30pm (lunch break included) and classes are kept small so more time is given for individual needs.
Adults: $120 SSAA member, $150 non member
Juniors (accompanied by a participating adult): $80 SSAA member, $100 non member
For details, contact the SSAA Victoria State Office via email email@example.com or call (03) 8892 2704.