The Sporting Shooters Association of Australia (Victoria) was incorporated as a public company on October 1, 1973. We exist to promote the shooting sports and protect firearm owners’ interests.
With more than 36,000 members, SSAA Victoria is the leading body representing licensed firearms owners in Victoria. Check out our branches and shooting disciplines sections for more information about SSAA groups in Victoria.
Aims and objectives
- To promote and encourage competitive target shooting and practice shooting, with a view to developing proficient and safe use of firearms
- To promote and encourage ethical hunting and field shooting, and related ancillary activities
- To promote and advocate game and fauna conservation and to promote a better understanding between members, landholders, regulatory bodies, other interest groups and the general public
- To promote and advocate the rights of firearms owners to legislative and regulatory bodies, and to the general public
- To promote country centres throughout the state of Victoria for the purposes of carrying out any of the objectives of the company
- As an approved hunting organisation and approved target shooting club, membership to SSAA gives you a ‘genuine reason’ for firearm ownership as per the Victorian Firearms Act 1996
- $20m public liability insurance
- Free annual subscription to Australian Shooter magazine
- Free annual subscription to Victorian Shooter magazine
- Free copies of the Junior Shooter
- Discounted subscription rates to all other SSAA publications
- Discounted range fees