*Closed ANZAC Day – Sunday 25 April
The Eagle Park Range in Little River caters to all disciplines, including pistol, shotgun and large-calibre rifles. The main rifle range is open to members and the general public from 9am to 5pm Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. The main public range is certified for all calibre rifles, including 50 BMG, to a distance of 500m. With 100 benches along its covered and concreted firing line, there is room for everyone at Eagle Park.
Shotgun shooting is also available on the main public range, with a clay target thrower set up at the end of the firing line. Members can use the thrower during normal business hours. Clays can be purchased in batches of 25 for $10. The five stand range is also open on Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to 4pm. Joining SSAA at the range will give you free range entry for that day.
To view upcoming sub-club events and bookings, click here.
CONDITIONS UNDER COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
- Group size is a maximum of 100 people.
- Multiple groups of 100 are permitted with a reasonable distance separating each group.
- Social distancing of 1.5m does not apply while participating.
- Face masks do not need to worn while participating.
- Face masks are still required if 1.5m can not be maintained when not participating outdoors.
- Cleaning of shared equipment must be maintained. This includes benches.
- NORI’s can resume.
- Indoor ranges can open with the lesser of 1 person per 4 square metre or 50 people.
- Clubhouses are limited to the lesser of 1 person per 4 square metre or 50 people.
- Record keeping must be maintained – name, phone number, date, time and range location (if applicable).
Before heading down to the range, please familiarise yourself with the below range rules:
- Ear protection is mandatory on all SSAA Victorian ranges.
- Eye protection is mandatory for all juniors (under 18) and recommended for all persons using a firearm.
- High visibility vests must be worn when placing targets beyond 100m on main ranges one and two.
- Closed-toe shoes must be worn on the firing line.
- Excessively open-neck tops are not permitted on the firing line (including singlets).
- The minimum age for shooters is 12 years old.
- Juniors (aged 12 to 17) require adult supervision to shoot and a consent form must be completed at the range by a parent/guardian.
- No prohibited person is allowed to use the range facilities for shooting.
Vests, eye and ear protection are available for sale at the Eagle Park Range office.
The full range rules, effective from December 15, 2020 can be viewed here.
For information about reducing the risks associated with lead dust, click here.
Schedule of events
NOTE: Main Range remains OPEN to the public during club events. These events are held on other ranges at Eagle Park and rarely impact the Main Range.
|1st Saturday each month||Benchrest – practice|
|1st Saturday each month||Big Game Rifle Club – practice|
|1st Sunday each month||Military Rifle Club – competition|
|1st Sunday each month||Big Game Rifle Club – competition|
|1st Sunday each month||Little River Raiders single action – practice|
|2nd Saturday each month||Victorian Muzzle Loading Club – practice|
|2nd Sunday each month||Little River Sporting Clays – practice|
|2nd Sunday each month||Military Rifle Club – competition|
|3rd Saturday each month||Victorian Muzzle Loading Club – competition|
|3rd Saturday each month||Big Game Rifle Club – practice|
|3rd Sunday each month||Benchrest – competition|
|3rd Sunday each month||Big Game Rifle Club – practice|
|3rd Sunday each month||Little River Raiders single action|
|3rd Sunday each month||PPLA – competition|
|3rd Sunday each month||Youth Training Scheme|
|4th Sunday each month||Pistol metallic silhouette – competition|
|4th Sunday each month||Little River Sporting Clays – competition|
|4th Sunday each month||MSRC – Field rifle competition*|
* Rifle competitions include Field Rifle, Metallic Silhouette, 3 Position and novelty shoots
|ENTRY TYPE||RANGE FEE
(New Fees as of 1st March, 2021)
|SSAA Adult Member||$25 (main range) $17 (sub-club)|
|Non-Member Adult||$45 (main range) $33 (sub-club)|
|SSAA Junior Member||$8 (main range) $4 (sub-club)|
|Non-Member Junior||$14 (main range) $10 (sub-club)|
|SSAA Pensioner Member||$14 (main range) $8 (sub-club)|
|Non-Member Pensioner||$25 (main range) $18 (sub-club)|
|SSAA Member Family Day Pass (2 adults and 2 children)||$58 (main range) $38 (sub-club)|
|Non-Member Family Day Pass (2 adults and 2 children)||$95 (main range) $75 (sub-club)|
|SSAA Member Adult Yearly Range Pass (Eagle Park)||$350|
|SSAA Member Pensioner Yearly Range Pass (Eagle Park)||$160|
|SSAA Member Junior Yearly Range Pass (Eagle Park)||$100|
|SSAA Member Adult Yearly Range Pass (Springvale and Eagle Park combined)||$600|
|SSAA Member Range Pass – Life Pass (Eagle Park)||$1950|