SSAA invites you to attend our FREE Try Shooting day, where highly trained range officers will show you how to handle a .22 rifle and enjoy the sport of shooting safely.
The day is designed to introduce people with no previous experience to the shooting sports with a two-hour session of range shooting.
“The Try Shooting Day is a fun introduction to the sport for all abilities and gender in a relaxed, family-friendly environment,” said SSAA National Coaching and Membership Development Manager.
“We want to show that sports shooting doesn’t discriminate and is a fun family pastime which can lead to representative shooting at state, national or even international level.”
There are limited spots available in two sessions held on the day which includes lunch and the supply of all equipment including the use of a .22 rifle.
It is completely free of charge. For details, contact the National Coaching and Development Manager Gemma Dunn via email using email@example.com.
- Session 1: 10am-noon (latest arrival time is 9:30am).
- Session 2: 1:30pm-3:30pm (latest arrival time is 1pm).
Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your session time to allow for the completion of sign-in.
Each session will have a maximum of 20 participants so get in quick!
- Spots are limited and online bookings are essential to participate.
- Lunch and drinks are provided for participants and guests. There are also canteen facilities on site for other purchases.
- All shooting equipment is supplied by SSAA including .22 rifle, ammunition, hearing and eye protection. Participants will be covered by SSAA public liability insurance and temporary Victorian firearms licensing rules and procedures will apply.
- All participants must be aged 12 years and over, and comply with state firearms laws and requirements.
- Participants must wear appropriate clothing including enclosed shoes (no heels, thongs, singlet tops or camouflage clothing).
- Please ensure you bring photo ID (driver’s licence, photo ID card or passport).
- All participants must follow the SSAA Victoria Springvale Range rules which can be found at https://ssaavic.com.au/ranges/springvale-range/
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Participants need to be 12 years or older. If a participant is older than 12 and younger than 18, they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and the Parent/Guardian Consent Form must be completed upon arrival.
What can I bring into the event?
Everything is supplied by SSAA however if you feel more comfortable using your own ear and eye protection you are welcome to bring it with you. You can bring cameras but they cannot be mounted to the firearms. Should you have any special dietary requirements we will do our best to cater for you; however, you are welcome to bring your own food on the day. There is also Bruno’s Cafe on site if you wish to purchase other items.
What guns do I get to shoot?
You will be shown how to use a .22 rifle which will be supplied on the day.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
It is preferable that you bring your printed ticket. We will, however, accept a mobile version for viewing on the day. You must provide a copy of your ticket either way as it is your confirmation of securing a spot to the session.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferable?
We will allow tickets to be transferred as long as there is one participant per session in attendance.
Is it OK if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?
Tickets are transferable. We will need to capture the details of the attendee via photo ID on the day prior to shooting.